Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The 30/30 Hoop Challenge

Last week Rayna McInturf, a most awesome hooper, announced a challenge on Hooping.org.  Starting on the 8th, you commit to hooping for at leat 30 minutes everyday for 30 days.  This is just the thing I need to motivate me to reach one of my New Year's goals!  One thing that really stuck out to me in Rayna's article was this: "It takes the human brain almost exactly 21 days to develop a new habit and after about a month it should feel harder not to do the activity."

So far I have been doing great with hooping well over 30 minutes solid everyday except Sunday, when I was so sore from the hours of hooping on Saturday that I had to break up the practice to a few minutes at a time!  I've recruited several of my friends, and although we aren't posting to Hooping.org, we'll have our own prize at the end of our personal challenges: a wonderful sense of accomplishment from committing and sticking to something, a more toned body, and the ablility to kick ass on the hoop! 

The 30/30 Challenge doesn't have to be about hooping, though!  Think of something you'd like to do, maybe a New Years Goal you really want to commit to.  Turn it into your own personal challenge! 

Wanee Hoopers
Me and my neice at the Wanee Festival this past Spring, just as my hooping obsession was taking off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one :) Tell me a little about yourself and leave a link to your blog so I can read yours, too!!

Sorry, but I had to implement a moderation system... WAY too much spam :(