Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter... Lilies!

Every year as the end of March rolls around, a beautiful sight begins to unfold in the ditches along these Southern roads.....
Easter Lily
The Easter Lilies, as we've always called them, are a sure sign that the Earth has awakened and Spring is finally here!  According to information I've found, the common name for Zephyranthes atamasca is Rain Lily, but that's not what we call them, nor have I ever heard someone refer to them as such.
Wild Easter Lily
You can read more about these beautiful flowers here.

PS.
  Have you ever looked at the new growth on pine trees around this time of year?  Way up at the top, the new growth forms a cross all over the tops of the trees.  Do they know Easter is right around the corner?

PPS.
  Happy Earth Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one :) Tell me a little about yourself and leave a link to your blog so I can read yours, too!!

Sorry, but I had to implement a moderation system... WAY too much spam :(