Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dinner and Vanilla Extract


Last night Jami fried up some deer back strap (something like a pork tenderloin) that he or his dad harvested. If you fix this, be sure to get all of the white parts off, it's really tough.

While he was busy making dinner, I got busy making the vanilla extract.

Bottles ready for a hot bath.

I have a small pressure cooker that I do all of my canning in. You don't have to have the big guns to can!

All of the directions I found said to use kitchen scissors to cut the beans. I found a razor knife to be much, much easier.



This is what happens when you have hard water (and a silly husband!).

But, with a little vinegar it's good as gold!


All labled and ready to go! I really like how this turned out.


I'm off now until Monday! I hope you all have the loveliest Christmas possible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one :) Tell me a little about yourself and leave a link to your blog so I can read yours, too!!

Sorry, but I had to implement a moderation system... WAY too much spam :(