Friday, October 30, 2009

Fake Cinnamon Rolls

I just love the way cinnamon smells, especially cinnamon rolls! This is my moms recipe- she would have these on the counter almost non-stop when I was little. They're terribly easy to make and will hold their smell for quite some time!



What you'll need:
  • 4 cups plain flour
  • 2 cups salt
  • Water (no specific amount)
  • Ground cinnamon
  • A couple of sticks cinnamon to garnish
Mix flour and salt. Add water- a little at a time- until it looks like cookie dough. Roll out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up and slice about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 300* for 2-2 1/2 hours. Spray tops with non-stick cooking spray the last 30 minutes of baking to brown. Let cool. Place rolls in a decorative basket and garnish with the sticks of cinnamon.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one :) Tell me a little about yourself and leave a link to your blog so I can read yours, too!!

Sorry, but I had to implement a moderation system... WAY too much spam :(